Trauma-Responsive Care Through Arts Integration
Length: Four hours
Delivery: Live in-person
Integrating various art forms into our workplace and personal practices inspires trauma-informed social-emotional learning, co- and self-regulation, cultural humility, and resilience-building strategies. In this experiential workshop, participants will investigate the science behind arts integration and explore artistic activities that can be utilized both in and outside of their workplace to help individuals prevent and heal from adversities and trauma.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explore the ways trauma impacts brain, body and behavior
- Communicate benefits of a trauma-informed practice for survivors and providers
- Investigate the science of using the arts to promote resilience and community-building
- Practice and plan strategies to integrate music, visual arts, dance, digital media, and drama into workplaces to improve outcomes for both providers and survivors.
- Investigate the healing and educational science behind Arts Integration
- Discuss ways to integrate art practices into classes and group interactions using the ARC Framework
- Practice group activities that promote Attachment, Regulation and Competence
Helping you help others
- Our bilingual and bicultural trainings place equity at the center of our work.
- Coursework approved for continuing education credit for a variety of professionals.