De-escalation and Conflict Resolution
Length: Four hours
Delivery: Live in-person or live virtual
This training describes everyday communication skills that can be utilized with anyone, anywhere, for peaceful conflict resolution as well as detailing more concentrated efforts to help manage crises, increase safety, and limit the use of force when working with agitated and potentially aggressive individuals. Based on best practices established by psychological science, participants will learn how to assess situations, implement safety measures, apply techniques, and debrief after incidents.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define escalation, de-escalation, conflict resolution and acute crisis
- Identify the characteristics of escalated or crisis behaviors and examine why they occur
- Discuss benefits of promoting regulation, connectedness & collaborative problem solving
- Plan and implement strategies for self-regulation, co-regulation and de-escalation
- Practice applying verbal de-escalation techniques to real scenarios from their workplace
Helping you help others
Hanna Institute equips and empowers individuals and organizations with the trauma-informed tools they need to help people in their community.
- Our bilingual and bicultural trainings place equity at the center of our work.
- Coursework approved for continuing education credit for a variety of professionals.