Ways to Give
While most people give using our online donation form, giving to Hanna Center can come in all shapes and sizes. However you prefer to give, our development team is here to help. Below, you’ll find options for giving through estate, donor-advised funds, and monthly mail-in gifts.
Make a big impact with a future gift.
Generosity comes in many forms, and it’s often the best way for you to support important causes that matter the most to you in your life. When you give to Hanna Center, you help us make a difference.
Start here by learning the different gift options available to you. We will work with you to find a charitable plan that lets you provide for your family and support Hanna Center.
To make planned giving easier than ever, we’ve partnered with FreeWill to provide an online tool. You can write your legal will, or a Revocable Living Trust, in 20 minutes or less, and make a lasting gift to Hanna quickly and easily. Write my free will or trust.
Give to Hanna through your donor-advised fund.
A grant from your donor-advised fund can make a difference to the youth and communities served through Hanna Center for years to come.
A donor-advised fund account is a form of philanthropic giving in which an individual creates a “personal charitable savings account” and deposits their contributions of cash, stock, or other assets without choosing a specific recipient right away. Donor-advised funds are created by the donor but are managed by other parties, such as a foundation or another sponsoring organization, who actively invest and manage the funds. A huge portion of these sponsoring organizations are charitable arms of financial-services firms, such as Vanguard and Schwab.
When the donor decides on a recipient, they can send the money from the DAF account to the nonprofit organization as a grant (all while benefiting from an immediate tax deduction upon creation of the fund!).
Want to give to Hanna with a Donor-Advised Fund? Contact the Hanna Development Team: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may also want to join our Monthly giving program by mail. To do so, please send your check to the address below, also providing us with your name, address, phone number, and monthly donation amount. We’ll reach out to you to discuss.
Please make your first check payable to Hanna Center and mail to the following address:
17000 Arnold Drive
Sonoma, CA 95476
Transferring stocks is an excellent way to support Hanna’s mission of serving the needs of youth.
- Reduce your tax burden: You’ll receive a tax deduction for your charitable gift based on the value of the securities at the time of the contribution.
- Avoid paying capital gains: Instead of selling stocks in the open market, you can transfer them to Hanna and avoid paying capital gains on the appreciated value.
- Increase the value of a gift by more than 20%: Donating stock can provide a tax advantage beyond what you would receive if you sold the stock and made a cash donation.
- Optimize your portfolio with a “health check”: If a review of your stock gains and losses shows that it might be time to rebalance for risk or performance reasons, that’s a time you can do so in a charitable way! Talk to your financial advisor about which assets to put to better use.
Some people don’t want to donate stock because they don’t know where to start and think it will require a lot of paperwork and phone calls. Hanna Center will help you! Just contact Ryan Pasco, Director of Donor Relations, at email@example.com or (707) 933-2519.
If you are 70.5 or older with a traditional IRA, you’re eligible for one of the most tax-savvy ways to support Hanna Center and the youth who need your support: donating directly from your IRA.
This is also called a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD, or an IRA Rollover:
- QCDs can only be taken out of an IRA. 401ks and 403bs do not qualify and are subject to regular taxes.
- Gifts are always tax-free, regardless of whether or not the person itemizes on their return. This is one of the only ways to make a donation without dipping into your taxable income.
- You can give up to $100,000 out of your IRA tax-free.
- Just like donating via cash or check, giving from your IRA is an immediate and impactful way to support Hanna Center— but unlike a cash gift, it helps you save on your taxes in the process.
Now is the perfect time to make this kind of donation. Gifts from an IRA need to be processed by Hanna Center before December 31st, so making your gift today ensures that it will count for your 2021 taxes.
Donating through your IRA doesn’t have to be complicated or stressful, and our online platform makes it painless and fast. You will be guided through the donation process in under 10 minutes, no sensitive information is required. Your paperwork will even be auto-completed online.
To learn more, contact Ryan Pasco at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at (707) 933-2519.
A TAX-SAVING WAY TO HELP HANNA BOYS CENTER
Make a difference today and save on taxes. It’s possible when you support Hanna Boys Center through your IRA.
A Special Opportunity for Those 70½ Years Old and Older
You can give any amount (up to a maximum of $100,000) per year from your IRA directly to a qualified charity such as Hanna Boys Center without having to pay income taxes on the money. Gifts of any value $100,000 or less are eligible for this benefit and you can feel good knowing that you are making a difference at Hanna Boys Center. This popular gift option is commonly called the IRA charitable rollover, but you may also see it referred to as a qualified charitable distribution, or QCD for short.
Why Consider This Gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making.
- Beginning in the year you turn 72, you can use your gift to satisfy all or part of your required minimum distribution (RMD).
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- Since the gift doesn’t count as income, it can reduce your annual income level. This may help lower your Medicare premiums and decrease the amount of Social Security that is subject to tax.
- Click Learn More below to use our tool Take Action! Give From Your IRA to connect to your retirement provider.
- Contact Dennis Crandall at 707.933.2572 or email@example.com to discuss using your IRA to support Hanna Boys Center and our mission.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- To include Hanna Boys Center in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID. Please let us know of your gift (many retirement providers assume no responsibility for letting nonprofits know of your intentions so your goals won’t be honored).
Legal name: Hanna Boys Center
Legal address: 17000 Arnold Drive
Federal tax ID number: 94-1156478
Donate your unwanted vehicle and receive a tax deduction! It’s easy!
Hanna Center has teamed up with Car Donations Services, Inc. to provide you with the easiest way possible to donate your vehicle—whether it’s running or not!
Car Donations Services has been helping local charities since 1990, and takes care of every aspect of your donation, allowing you peace of mind that the transaction will be completed efficiently and simply.
Car Donation Services uses multiple methods to sell vehicles, so your vehicle will sell for more, which means a larger donation for Hanna and a bigger tax deduction for you!
Car Donation Services is a licensed Commercial Fundraiser as recognized by the California State Attorney General’s Registry of Charitable Trusts.
For more information contact Car Donation Services at 1-888-686-4483
Give Now Online
Your generosity powers all we do at Hanna — from educating youth to providing mental health care to teaching organizations how to implement trauma-informed practices. Your gift helps us deliver trauma-informed care to California and the country.