Title: Full- Time Licensed Mental Health Therapist
Reports To: Senior Director: Mental Health Hub
Job Family: Mental Health
Department: Clinical Staff
Last Updated: March 2023
Key Function/Purpose of Position:
The Licensed Mental Health Therapist shall be responsible for compassionately addressing the complex and diverse therapeutic needs of students using a trauma-specific and culturally informed approach to psychotherapy. The Licensed Mental Health Therapist shall work collaboratively with youths and families of diverse backgrounds to provide comprehensive psychotherapy services that support students with developing positive and permanent life changes. Additionally, the Licensed Mental Health Therapist may supervise unlicensed clinicians and/or trainees and will participate in weekly internal department meetings and group consultations.
- Design engaging therapeutic prevention and intervention activities.
- Maintain clear and accurate progress notes and closing summaries.
- Regularly assess clients and revise treatment plans as needed every 6 months.
- Lead weekly psychoeducational and/or therapy groups and monthly workshops
- Conduct a minimum of 20 hours of individual and group therapy sessions per week
Essential Skills & Qualities:
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Exemplary conflict-resolution skills
- Natural ability to lead and direct others
- Above-average verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain relationships
- Trauma-specific therapy techniques
- Building and directing effective teams
- Therapeutic prevention and intervention
- Psychoeducational workshops and/or training
- 1:1 and group therapy
- CANS-Trauma Comprehensive Assessment
- Substance use and/or substance abuse in youth populations.
- Youth, young adults, and family therapy
- Master’s Degree in Mental Health or higher (i.e. Counseling, Clinical Psychology)
- Licensed MFT, LCSW, or PhD/PsyD
- Lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs. (occasionally)
- Office environment including desk or computer terminal.
- Clear background check and pre-employment drug screening
Hanna offers a robust benefit plan including, Medical, Dental, Vision, 3 weeks PTO, 401k + match, Professional Development reimbursement, Flexible Spending, Life, ADD insurance.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Hanna is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status
Ready to Apply?
Send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org