FLSA Classification: Full-Time Exempt
Reports to: VP of Residential Programs
Salary Range: $64,480-$68,531
Date Updated: 4/19/23
The Recreation/Camp Manager will work in conjunction with Hanna Center’s VP of Residential Programs, Clinical Director, and Manager of Residence in the general development, operation, and maintenance of the Hanna Center recreational department. Develops program content, organizes, and leads recreational and camp activities to Hanna population and outlying community. Plans, coordinates, and oversees weekly recreation activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee weekly recreation activities, including but not limited to, (after school sports), small groups, club activities, TIC regulation activities, weekend recreation and special activities.
- Coordination, program development, budget management of camp programs
- Design and develop activities that support a trauma informed culture and adhere to Center policies and procedures that support a trauma informed program.
- Plan and develop special events.
- Hire, train and manage seasonal camp staff and other recreational workers.
- Design camp programs in coordination with Hanna program services as appropriate.
- Oversee camp and recreational marketing and promotional materials.
- Completes and maintains all program related documentation and reports.
- Maintains compliance with all accreditation standards.
- Meet with Group Home Coordinators and counselors to plan and schedule weekly daily activities that support a trauma informed program.
- Research and coordinate off campus activities for students and community.
- Work with clinician department to provide trauma informed activities to the center’s students.
- Acts as a positive adult role model in all areas by demonstrating and developing positive interactive relationships while establishing clear boundaries for all participants.
- Develop a sound professional rapport, with staff, student’s parents, clients, and guests.
- Communicate necessary information to staff, clients and parents as needed.
- Observe safety rules and follow emergency procedures as needed.
- Communicate with all staff members effectively.
- Remain calm and de-escalate crisis situations as they arise.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and implement crisis intervention skills taught at the Center.
- Order and maintain recreation equipment.
- Maintain physical maintenance and treatment supplies/equipment of the Center’s recreation department offices, storage, gym, swimming pool recreation hall and outside areas, including fields.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Critical Thinking
- Active Listening
Residential/Community Center environment. Will work indoors and outdoors as needed.
- Able to be certified in Crisis Intervention, CPR, First Aid, and community water safety.
- This position requires the ability to bend, squat, stoop, and walk-up flight of stairs and able to safely lift 50 pounds and carry 20 pounds. Reach with hands and arms and use hands and fingers to handle objects and operate tools, computers, and/or controls.
Education and experience
- BA in Recreation or Physical Education from an accredited college or university preferred.
- 2 years’ experience in recreation, PE, or related field.
- Ability to communicate and relay information to others.
- Knowledge of trauma-informed theories, principles, and practices.
- Flexibility in schedule as this position will be required to coordinate with the VP of Residential Programs to ensure appropriate coverage throughout the week, which on occasion will include work in the evenings and weekends.
Additional eligibility requirements
- Must clear background check for a Community Care Licensed facility, including physical, tb and drug test.
- Must have a valid CA driver license and the ability to be insured under our policy.
- Able to be certified in Crisis Intervention, CPR, First Aid and community water safety.
- This position requires the ability to bend, squat, stoop, and walk-up flight of stairs.
- Lift up to 50 pounds and carry up to 10 lbs., occasionally.
Affirmative Action/EEO statement
Hanna is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice