Follow-On Care is designed to provide ongoing support to a boy long after he leaves Hanna.
The goal of our Follow-On department is to continue to nurture and sustain the growth made by our youth after they leave our care. When a student transitions out of Hanna, they leave with our ongoing support, along with a skill set and better understanding of how to succeed as a productive member of society.
The Follow-On team helps plan next steps and reinforces an alum’s efforts to:
● Secure stable housing
● Achieve physical and emotional wellness
● Succeed in post-secondary education or acquire and maintain employment
● Maintain safe and positive relationships
The Follow-On department also provides counseling on obtaining employment, general life and family skills, plus a range of services to assist our alumni. We then keep track of these young people, support them, check in with them and continue to counsel and work with them spiritually and emotionally to make sure they have the means and resources to stay focused and on track to be successful in “the real world.”
It’s our mission to offer life-long support, encouragement and resources for Hanna Alumni.
The Hanna Center scholarship program provides financial support to boys wanting to continue their education after graduating from Hanna.
Depending on a boy’s grades and his overall academic standing, he can receive reimbursement for tuition fees, books and living expenses. He may also have the potential to receive additional incentives.
Our requirements include:
● Take a minimum of 12 units and complete college degree in a timely manner
● Maintain a GPA of 2.0 or above by the completion of each semester
● Check in with the Follow-On department monthly for a progress assessment
● Participate in Hanna events throughout the school year when visiting the area
● All Hanna alumni are eligible to apply for the scholarship program, and on average there are 25 to 30 graduates a year receiving financial aid.
● Contact us for more information about our scholarship program.